- About FIRST
- About NEMO
- Join NEMO
- Finding NEMs
- Contact Us
PLEASE NOTE: The following resources are a collaboration of the members of NEMO unless otherwise noted. In the spirit of Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® you may provide links to
them or re-publish them as long as credit is given to NEMO and/or to the authors. We encourage sharing this information with other FIRST teams. You may NOT sell this information or charge for use of this information, nor make any profit from the use of this information, including use in conferences, presentations, workshops and the like, without prior written permission from NEMO and/or the authors of the information provided below.
If you have suggestions for additional
white papers, please contact us.
Please visit the FRC Mentor Resources
Library to find links and papers to benefit your team.
- 2013 Off-Season Events listing (courtesy of Emmett Neyman, FRC 3929)
- Bag And Tag Tips (PDF: 8pp., 90K) Updated November 2011
- 101 Things I Wish I'd Known Before My First FIRST Competition (PDF: 4pp., 111K)
- Questions to Consider When Choosing Your FIRST Event(s) (PDF: 2pp., 41K)
- 18 Tips for in the Pits (PDF: 2pp., 40K)
- 30 Tips for 2007 - Checklist for FRC Post-ship/Pre-competition (PDF: 2pp., 43K)
- Competition Tips/What to Expect (PDF: 28pp., 2.68M) Updated November 2012
- Electrical Tips Handout (PDF: 1p., 16K)
- Inspection Tips (PDF: 1p., 12K)
- Jobs at Competitions (PDF: 3pp., 32K)
- Mechanical Tips Handout (PDF: 1p., 16K)
Publicity and Media
School and Community Relations
Sponsors and Fundraisers
- 25 Ways Sponsors Can Help Your Team (PDF: 1p., 11K)
- BFF - Keeping Your Teams' Sponsors Your Best Friends Forever (MS PPT: 20pp., 1.5M) - 2012 FIRST Championship Conference presentation
Branding, Public Relations, Sponsorships (PDF: 39pp., 2.9M)
Sharlene Brown, Bill Duncan
- Creating a Killer Team Packet (PDF: 3pp., 119K)
- Developing and Maintaining a Strong Sponsor Base, 2010 FIRST Championships Conference Presentation (MS PowerPoint: 198K)
Cyber Blue, FRC Team 234
- How to Host a Profitable Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser (PDF: 2pp., 27K)
- How to Host a Profitable Pasta Dinner Fundraiser (PDF: 2pp., 26K)
- Invoice to Give to Sponsors (PDF: 1p., 31K)
FRC team 60
- Request to Sponsor Letter (PDF: 1p., 258K)
FRC team 1293
- Fundraising Guide from National Association of Student Councils
- Great Grant Writing Tips (PDF: 7pp., 180K)
Team Organization and Management
- FRC Team Handbook - How to guide your team through the season. Includes sample team budgets and schedules in the appendices.
- Communicating with Your Team (MS PPT: 965K)
Kathie Kentfield, Director, NEMO. View in Notes format
- Team Organization Tips (PDF: 2pp., 22K)
- 18 Hints for Rookie Teams (PDF: 2pp., 47K)
- Don't Panic (PDF: 1p., 24K)
- How to Host a FIRST Workshop Day (MS PPT: 4.5M)
- 501(c)3 Nonprofit Status: What is it, do we need it, and how do we get it? (MS PPT: 200K), Addendum (MS Word: 25K)
Carol Perrotto, William Enslen, FRC Team 365 (Addendum)
- Forming a 501(c)3 from ThinkTank
FIRST Channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FIRSTWorldTube
Online Discussion Forum
NEMO has a private online discussion forum hosted on the ChiefDelphi website.
ChiefDelphi is a website comprised of forums on topics of interest to
FIRST teams. All adults are welcome and encouraged to join
the NEMO discussions. To participate in the NEMO forum, register
to become a member on ChiefDelphi.
Once you are a member of Chief Delphi, go to our Join page
and complete the NEMO registration form including your Chief Delphi screen name. We will then grant access to the private forum.
Workshops and Conference Presentations
NEMO (Non-Engineering Mentor Organization) hosts workshops as we are able at off-season competitions, FIRST team
conferences and other events. Please check our calendar for an
up-to-date listing of events. Because every FIRST team is unique and every team does things a little differently,
we have found that when NEMs get together, a natural exchange of information occurs!
If you are organizing an event and would like to host a NEMO workshop,
Since we are a "virtual" organization whose membership spans many countries, we rely on NEMs to facilitate
workshops. If you are interested in learning how to facilitate a NEMO workshop in your area, please
contact us and we will send you a format that has worked well at
A Snapshot of FRC Workshops Held in 2010 & 2011 (Revised 11/2011) (PDF: 13pp., 138K) compiled by Jenny Beatty.
NEMO - Facilitating Meetings and Administrative
Websites and Handbooks of Interest